Roofs have a finite lifespan. Over time, they can fall into disrepair and require major overhauls or replacement. If you think your roof is reaching the end of its life, we can help.
Signs It’s Time for a Roof Replacement
Canton sees more than its fair share of inclement weather. Michigan, metro Detroit in particular, bears the brunt of all four seasons – torrential rainfall in the spring, unbearably humid temperatures in the summer, and icy rain and snow in the winter. Over time, the elements can lead to serious problems on your roof, including:
- Leaks. Leaky roofs can lead to problems throughout your home. Water is the number one enemy of your roof, especially when it gets into the wooden decking under your shingles. This leads to roof rot and mold, which can create uninhabitable conditions in your home. The main reason your wooden decking rots is because your shingles are no longer doing their job.
- Stains. Telltale rust-colored rings on your interior ceilings usually mean there’s a leak in your roof. On the bare wood of your attic, you might just notice subtle discoloration. Either way, these stains are often a sign of a larger underlying problem, so take action promptly.
- Mold or wood rot. Mold on your shingles isn’t necessarily a problem, but it is on wooden surfaces. Take a pair of binoculars and check your flashing, which protects the roof’s joints. If you notice warping, exposed wood, or mold, this could signify serious problems. Sometimes we can repair flashing, but often it needs to be replaced.
- Cracks. Michigan’s dramatic temperature fluctuations can be rough on any roof. Sometimes, we see the temperatures fluctuate 30 degrees in a matter of hours. In the spring and fall, this can lead to cracks in your roof. Cracked roofs require more than just a minor repair ? they often necessitate replacement.
Roof Replacement in Canton, MI
If you think you need a roof replacement, heed the following tips:
- Don’t ignore it. Roofs are a big expense, and the idea of replacing it can be daunting. However, ignoring the problem will only make it worse. Leaky roofs can let moisture into your home’s interior structure and encourage the growth of mold. Mold is tricky to eliminate and may cost additional thousands of dollars. What’s worse, it may even affect your family’s health.
- Call a professional as soon as possible. Quality roofing in Canton, MI, is easy to come by. Call us as soon as possible to schedule a roofing inspection. We’ll help you decide whether we can complete repairs, or whether a roof replacement is necessary. We offer a free estimate and stand by our work with a labor and parts warranty.
Roof replacement can be daunting, but we strive to make the process easy. With flexible financing options and expedient service, we’ll get a quality roof over your head before you know it. Don’t let your roof leaks or other issues get any worse – contact us to schedule your free estimate today!