Windows are a home feature that can be easily overlooked. You clean them periodically and love the light they let in, but you think more about what you see through them than about the windows themselves. New windows can improve a home’s energy efficiency, streamline maintenance and even make your home worth more when you sell. Here are some things to consider when it comes to window replacement in Franklin, Tennessee.
When It’s time for Replacement Windows in Franklin, TN
Your windows looks, age and condition let you know when it’s time to install replacements. If your home is older, it might have single-pane windows that leak air around the edges and transfer energy through the panes, costing you more to heat and cool your home.
Old windows with wooden frames are often visually unappealing because condensation builds up and causes wood to deteriorate. Mold and mildew sometimes grow along the edges, creating health hazards. Paint cracks, gets painted over, and cracks again.
Sometimes windows have been painted shut. If you can’t open your windows in the event of a fire or other emergency, it could cost you your life.
Look for these signs your windows need to be replaced:
- Windows don’t work smoothly. If your windows stick when you try to open them or they won’t stay open without being propped, it’s time to replace them. It’s especially important to install safe options if your windows are painted or nailed shut.
- Windows don’t seal. If there’s condensation between panes of glass, some panes are cracked or you can tell the frame isn’t secure, your window is leaking air.
- They have an unattractive appearance. If your windows have an outdated design or their style doesn’t go with the rest of your home, replacing them will improve property value. If windows look old or poorly maintained, it makes your entire home appear more run down.
- They’re hard to clean. If you dread cleaning your windows, you won’t do it often. Buildup can cause further deterioration.
How to Choose Window Replacement in Franklin, TN
First, research the latest and most beneficial features so you know what you’re looking for. Choose products with the Energy Star seal of approval, because these have met the Department of Energy’s rigorous standards for energy efficiency.
Double-pane windows filled with argon gas provide the best insulation to save you money on heating and cooling. Low-E coatings reflect heat away from your home and protect furniture from fading. Mr. Roof’s windows don’t just tilt for easy cleaning, they have repel technology to help them resist dust and moisture.
Mr. Roof has been installing windows for more than 50 years, and here’s why some 250,000 customers have chosen us.
- Competitive pricing
- Expert contractors are licensed and insured
- Beautiful, durable product with a lifetime transferable warranty
- Locally owned and operated with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau