Roof leaks don’t go away on their own. If you’ve noticed signs of water creeping into your home, more problems are on the way. You don’t want to wait until your roof is covered in snow to address roof damage and/or leaks. Mr. Roof does roof leak repair in Fairfield, Ohio, and our experts can help you get it fixed.
Signs of a Leak
Sometimes roof leaks are obvious, but other times you might miss them. Look for these signs that your roof needs to be checked.
- Water stains on the ceiling ? If you have dark corners of your home, aim a flashlight beam at the ceiling and check for discoloration. Also watch for mold, mildew or other signs of moisture.
- Drips ? If you had a dripping ceiling last winter, then it seemed to go away, it may have been caused by an ice dam. When gutter debris or icicles push snow under shingles, they often melt and run into homes. If you’ve had water dripping, it’s best to call an expert to find the source.
- Water stains outside ? If you see discoloration where your exterior walls meet the roof, you might have missing flashing that’s letting water in.
- Missing shingles ? If you notice shingles have blown off or problems around your chimney and vent pipes, call for an inspection before bad weather hits.
- Asphalt granules ? Check downspouts for grains and pebbles made of asphalt. As shingles age, these come loose and wash away. When your protective layer is gone, water runs right through.
Common Roof Leak Repairs
Sometimes people put off calling for roof repair because they’re afraid they’ll find out they need a whole new roof. Mr. Roof will never try to sell you something you don’t need. If the best solution is to repair your roof, we’ll do an expert job. Here are some of the most common roof repairs.
- We repair leaky skylights. Sometimes improper installation leads to a leak. Other times sealants fail. An inspection can help roofers evaluate the problem and suggest the right type of repair.
- We replace missing flashing. When the metal strips around your chimney and along roof seams, becomes rusted, corroded or blown away, moisture seeps under the roof. Missing flashing can lead to premature aging, so it’s best to address it as quickly as possible.
- Mr. Roof repairs vent pipes. Sometimes collars rust or crack, allowing rain and melted snow to seep into your home.
- We also repair loose shingles. High winds can drive water under loose roofing materials. Wind-driven rain gets in at the edges and along roof valleys, and shingle repair or roofing cement can often fix the problem.
Call Mr. Roof in Fairfield, Ohio
We care about helping you protect your investment. When you have a free roof inspection, our experts will sit down and talk with you about the condition of your roof and the best way to protect your home. If it makes more financial sense to replace your roof, we have financing options that can make it affordable. Contact Mr. Roof in Fairfield, Ohio today.