You’ve been dreading this. For the last few years you’ve been nervously watching your aging roof, wondering when it’s going to fail. You’ve been hoping to hold on as long as the roof would last. Or maybe your roof seems to be in good shape but suddenly started leaking. Whether you need minor roof repairs or a complete replacement, Mr. Roof is your Nashville roofing company.
What Causes Leaks?
Whether your roof is 30 years old or installed in the last decade, it’s susceptible to damage from a variety of sources. Here are some of the most common reasons roofs start to leak:
- Deterioration from aging. Roofing material breaks down from exposure to sun, temperature fluctuation and weather extremes. If your roof has been protecting your home for 25 to 30 years, it may just be nearing the end of its life.
- Cracked flashing. Roofers install thin metal strips over joints and underneath shingles to create a moisture barrier. Sometimes they seal flashing with tar that wind and rain can erode over time. Exposed flashing can crack and allow water to enter your home. Roof leak repair in Nashville can stop the leak.
- Unsealed vents. Any place something sticks up through roof shingles is a place where water can enter. Vent pipes and chimneys have seals and gaskets that wear out over time.
- Broken shingles. Hail, wind and rain can rip shingles right off your roof or cause exterior layers to break. If just a few shingles are damaged, roofing experts can make repairs. More extensive damage might require your roof to be replaced.
- Eroded roof valleys. The planes of your roof slope together to meet at a seam called a valley. If valleys weren’t sealed properly when your roof was installed, or if seals wear away over time, your roof might leak at the seams. A Nashville roofing company can provide a new leak barrier and replace the shingles on top.
Why Call Roofers in Nashville?
Leaks damage attics and ceilings. Water can ruin what’s stored in your attic and soak through to cause discoloration and bubbled paint.
Moisture encourages mold and mildew. One leak can create damp conditions that gives hard-to-remove mold a chance to grow.
Leaks are dangerous. Water can cause a fire if it gets into wiring or light fixtures. A puddle on the floor can cause running children or aging parents to slip and fall.
Mr. Roof Offers Roof Leak Repair in Nashville
The best way to stop a roof leak is to call an expert. Mr. Roof provides free estimates, and we won’t pressure you to buy from us. If repair is possible, we’ll help you review your options. If you need a roof replacement, we’ll help you find the best solution for your home and budget. When you need a Nashville roofing company, contact Mr. Roof.