A new roof can be a wonderful investment for your home. It’s a big decision, but there are all sorts of benefits that come along with it. Replacing your roof means you’ll enjoy:
- Increased property value. Replacing the roof may be too intimidating for potential buyers. They’ll pay more for a home that’s already finished, meaning it’ll be easier to sell when you’re ready.
- Better curb appeal. Some realtors estimate that your roof can account for as much as 40% of the aesthetic value of your home. With our Cincinnati roofing company, expect a more beautiful home.
- Smaller energy bills. New roofs are made out of the most efficient material possible. Older styles deteriorate over time, and it’s very likely your current roof could be leaking air. Your heating and cooling system must work harder to compensate for it, so stopping heat transfer through the roof can bring big savings.
- Better health. Old roofs may contain mold, mildew, and other hazards. A replacement will help keep you and your family healthier.
- A customized look. If you’re looking for a roof replacement in Hamilton, OH, consider customizing it with skylights. These brighten up your home considerably, but they also add a lot of new value. You can also change colors and materials to really give your home a facelift.
- Peace of mind. No one wants to spend time worrying about storms loosening shingles or causing leaks. Once you replace your roof or have a roof repair in Hamilton, OH, you can relax during inclement weather.
These are just a few of the most common benefits, but there are many more. Plus, with a return on investment of around 70%, replacing your roof is one of the smartest things you can do for your home.
Choosing a New Roof
There are several kinds of roofing materials to choose from. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to take them into consideration when making renovation plans. The top four kinds of roofing are asphalt shingles, cedar shakes, metal, and clay tile.
Asphalt shingles are the most popular. They’re available in a huge variety of styles and weights but are the least expensive. In the past, asphalt shingles were flat, mono-colored, and boring. Today, there are many exciting options to provide texture and sophistication to your home. The biggest downside of asphalt shingles is their lifespan. In most cases, asphalt shingles need to be replaced every 20 years or so. When you purchase a roof from Mr Roof, our shingles last much longer and we offer a lifetime warranty on shingles, flashing, vents and labor.
Cedar shakes have been around for a long time. This covering is made from small sections of split cedar. They usually vary greatly in color and offer a very dimensional appearance. Interestingly, they’re naturally resistant to rot, thanks to the wood they’re made from. This means they’ll last for decades and continue to look absolutely beautiful. The downsides of cedar shakes are that they’re a more expensive than other alternatives, and the installation is a slower process.
Metal roofing is gaining popularity, fast. Many people picture sections of tin when they think of metal, but there are other choices, too. Nowadays, you can find preformed sections that look like shingles, shakes, and tiles without the weight or lengthy installation. Metal roofs last a very, very long time. At Mr. Roof, we guarantee the paint for life, so you know you’re getting maximum durability. Our Cincinnati roofing company also provides several different colors so you can customize your look.
Clay tiles round out the most common choices. This style is especially popular in hot and arid regions, and it is widely associated with the villas of Spain. Clay’s biggest benefit, aside from the interesting appearance, is its ability to reflect heat. Homes with this sort of roof are naturally much cooler and therefore more energy efficient. Clay tiles may be harder to find and more expensive to install, however.
Trusting Mr. Roof
Whichever style you favor, call a professional for installation. Mr. Roof has been around since the 1960s, so we have plenty of experience renovating homes. We also provide fully transferrable, lifetime warranties for our labor. Even if you sell your house, we’ll stand by the work we do. We also offer:
- Free estimates.
- Financing options.
- Same-Day Guarantee for most projects.
- Impeccable customer service.
You shouldn’t trust just any roofing company in Hamilton, OH. Roofing Contractor Magazine has voted Mr. Roof the top Roofing Contractor of 2016. If you’re ready to explore your roof replacement options, call 1-800-4MR-ROOF or click here to start your no-obligation consultation today.