Leaks aren’t always obvious. In fact, there are several reasons roofs leak, and some leave more telltale signs than others. Here are the most common signs of roof leaks in Warren, MI that need immediate attention:
- Algae and mold growth. Algae and mold can grow in almost any climate, but it’s most common in hot, humid areas. While algae and mold growth may not impact the overall life of your roof, they can begin to rot your shingles, and can prove disastrous if water gets trapped underneath.
- Buckling shingles. Buckling shingles may be a sign of improper installation, but it may also be the result of movement in the decking underneath. This may be caused by bouts of inclement weather or it may just be the result of normal wear and tear. Don’t ignore this symptom, as it may let water into your roof decking.
- Curling shingles. This type of damage is often indicative of worn or improper insulation in your attic, or it might be a sign of water absorption. Either way, it warrants immediate attention. Left unchecked, you could be looking at an entire roof replacement, instead of a simple repair.
- Damaged flashing. When your roof flashing is in disrepair or looks cracked, it’s a sure sign there’s a leak somewhere. This may be due to improper installation, but it’s more often caused by drying in an old roof. Sometimes this requires a simple repair, but damage that is more extensive may necessitate replacement
- Shingle granule loss. Check your gutters after each rain fall. Do you notice granules in your downspouts? This is a sign that your shingles are deteriorating and might need to be replaced.
- Water spots on ceiling or in attic. Perhaps one of the most obvious signs of water damage is spots on your ceiling. In your homes interior, these may appear as rust colored rings, while your attic ceiling may have discolored areas. Don’t ignore these spots – contact a roofing professional right away.
Finding Roofers in Warren, MI
- Ask for references. Friends and family members can help you with your search. They’re good for offering an honest assessment of service and the scope of work, and are more likely to be sincere compared to an anonymous internet review.
- Look at each prospect’s website. Does your chosen roofing company seem professional and ready to take on your job?
- Ask them about their process. For each roofing company you’re considering, ask questions: How long have you been in business? Do you offer a warranty? Do you offer free estimates for the work? What about financing?
High-quality roofing in Warren, MI, is easy to come by, if you know where to look. If you’re experiencing issues with a leaky roof, call a trusted Warren roofing contractor. Mr. Roof stands by its work with a parts and labor guarantee, and we offer flexible financing arrangements. Call us for a free estimate today!