A leaky roof can give any homeowner a headache. Maybe you’re worried about paying to fix your roof leak or don’t know if it merits an entire roof replacement. We take the mystery out of roof repair in Zeeland, MI. Consider this your starting guide:
Signs of a Roof Leak
The following signs indicate that you need to call a professional right away for roof repair:
- Mold growth or algae. The hot, humid summer might bring the telltale signs of mold growth to your roof. While mold might not impact the life of your shingles, it could mean there’s moisture trapped underneath. Mold growth is especially worrisome on your flashing and in your attic.
- Buckling shingles. If you notice buckling shingles on a new roof, it may be a sign they were improperly installed. On an older roof, it could be a sign of movement in the decking underneath. Both inclement weather and normal wear and tear can lead to buckling shingles. Don’t ignore buckling shingles, as it may lead to leaks.
- Curling shingles. Like buckling shingles, curling shingles are often a sign of trapped moisture or a leak. They warrant immediate attention. Failure to fix small leaks can turn into a much larger problem, leading to roof replacement.
- Granule loss. The next time it rains, check your gutters and downspouts. If you see iridescent granules, it’s a telltale sign that your asphalt shingles are nearing the end of their life.
- Rotted, moldy, or damaged flashing. Your roof’s flashing protects the joints of your roof. If it’s damaged or moldy, it needs to be replaced immediately. Failure to fix damaged flashing could damage your roof’s structural integrity.
- Staining on interior ceilings or in the attic. Rust-colored spots on your ceiling, particularly on the second floor, mean you might have a leak coming from the roof. Call a professional right away for a roof inspection
Quality Roofing in Zeeland, MI
A professional roofing company that’s licensed, bonded, and insured can help you with inspection, repair, or replacement. Here’s how to find the best local Zeeland roofers:
- Ask around. Talk to friends and family. Who have they used in the past? Are they satisfied with the result? Friends and family make a great resource for offering an impartial assessment of the scope of the work and its quality.
- Ask for references. Before hiring a prospective roofing company, ask if there are people you can call for an honest review.
- Learn about the process. When choosing a roofing company, keep a few important things in mind: Does it offer a warranty for its work and parts? How long has it been in business? Does it offer financing arrangements? What about free estimates?
Mr. Roof is the best name for quality roofing in Zeeland, MI. If you’re worried about a leaky roof and costly repairs, it’s time to put your mind at ease. We stand by our work with a parts and labor guarantee, and we offer flexible financing arrangements. Take advantage of our free estimate and learn more about our roofing services today.