The siding of your home can speak volumes. It is one of the first things people will notice from the curb. Your siding could say your home is in pristine condition, protected from weather, bugs, and outdoor elements – or it could show a dilapidated home in need of repairs. If your current siding is sending the wrong message, it may be time for siding replacement. Consider installing vinyl siding from Mr. Roof if you want to transform your home this year.
What Makes Vinyl Siding So Popular?
Vinyl siding quickly rose to the top in the housing renovation industry because it boasts many advantages over traditional siding materials. The strong plastic wrapping is easy to install and generally lasts longer than wood, metal, or stucco siding. If you’re wondering whether vinyl siding is the transformation your home needs, consider the following advantages:
- Affordability. Replacing the siding on your home can be a major investment. With vinyl, however, you can expect to pay from $1 to $7 per square foot. This is more cost-effective than most other siding options. If you choose the lower end of the price scale, you could pay as little as $0.90 per square foot.
- Customized look and finish. Vinyl siding is highly customizable – without the mess or expense of paint. Vinyl siding comes in a wide variety of colors, looks, and finishes. You can make your vinyl look like painted wood, without the disadvantages of actual wood. Browse the gallery at Mr. Roof to see some of our past siding projects.
- Enhanced durability over time. Not only is vinyl siding cheaper and more customizable than other materials, but it’s also more durable. It is manufactured to last 20 to 40 years depending on the environment and upkeep. Vinyl is resistant to moisture, wind, heat, and cold, for long-lasting home protection.
- Low-maintenance siding solution. You don’t have to worry about a significant maintenance investment when you choose to upgrade your home with vinyl siding. Vinyl never needs to be painted, and only needs one annual wash to keep its clean appearance. It’s very easy to replace sections of your vinyl siding if necessary.
- Fast and simple installation. Vinyl siding uses a wrap technique, where the installer can attach sheets of siding to your home all at once. This is faster and more efficient than installing panels one by one – making for an easier installation process for you and your family. Mr. Roof offers a same-day guarantee on most major jobs.
Vinyl siding offers many advantages over its competitors. You can get even more from your siding solution if you trust the job to certified, licensed installers. The technicians at Mr. Roof have years of training and experience with a range of siding materials. We can evaluate your home’s siding, list all your options, and help you find out if vinyl is right for you.
Is It Time to Replace Your Siding?
Your home’s siding plays an extremely important role. It protects your home from external elements, such as rain and snow. It also gives your house its aesthetic appeal. If your siding is stained, damaged, or deteriorated, you’re losing out in these two major areas. This is a recipe for costly repairs and decreased home value. Replacing your siding may be the right choice if you have noticed any of the following problems:
- Unsightly stains or rot. If your current siding has mold or algae stains, watermarks, wood rot, peeling paint, or crumbling materials, it may be time for a replacement. Putting the job off for too long could welcome worse issues, such as water leaks.
- Cracks or gaps in your siding. Heat and cold can contract your siding material to the point of causing cracks or gaps. These are more than just visual scars ? they could be welcoming the outside into your home. This can lead to worse energy efficiency and higher monthly bills.
- Expensive siding repair costs. Many homeowners switch to vinyl for the simple reason that they are tired of paying for expensive repairs. If you’ve paid to repaint your home regularly for the last 10 years, for example, you could have saved money by installing vinyl instead.
Installing vinyl siding can transform your home from the outside in. Vinyl siding can improve the overall look of your home and boost curb appeal. It can also protect you from the elements, leading to a safer and more comfortable interior. You can enjoy all these benefits for less money than traditional siding materials – plus a longer lifespan and better durability. Get a free estimate today from Mr. Roof.