Finding a leak in your roof is more than a simple annoyance. Water can be incredibly damaging to the interior of your home and that includes the structure. Water can travel surprisingly far from its source before it drips through ceilings or runs down walls, which makes it difficult to find the source of the leak. If you need a roofer in Kalamazoo, MI, Mr. Roof can fix your roof in a day and keep it fixed for a lifetime.
Roof Leak Causes in Kalamazoo, MI
A lot of things can cause your roof to start leaking. Here are just a few.
- Age: Shingles are exposed to direct sunlight, extreme temperature fluctuations, and constant wear and tear from wind and rain. Roofing materials wear out over time.
- Roof vents: Sometimes it isn’t your roof that’s leaking, it’s your vents. Over time, seals and gaskets wear out and allow water through the cracks.
- Debris: When pine needles, tree branches, and leaves sit on your roof, water can’t run off. Organic material rots on your roof and damages shingles.
- Missing flashing: Metal roof flashing covers transitions. Sometimes flashing gets dislodged, allowing water to seep through cracks.
- Gutters: When leaves and debris clog gutters, water can’t get through. It sits on the roof and can soak under shingles to enter your home.
- Missing shingles: Wind and hail can rip shingles from the roof, and damage isn’t always visible from the ground.
Finding a Roof Leak in Kalamazoo, MI
One of the most frustrating things about fixing a roof is finding the leak. Rain doesn’t fall at convenient times when you’re home and can give leaks your full attention. If you are home when your roof is leaking, sometimes you can locate the problem from inside your attic. If you find it, look for nearby fixed points like a chimney or vents.
Don’t try to find a leak on your roof in the rain or snow. Experienced roofers can find leaks from on top of your roof and develop a plan to fix them quickly.
Hiring Roofers in Kalamazoo, MI
A roof is a major investment. No matter what kind of material you use, you want to be sure the job is done right. When you compare roofing companies, consider the following:
- Expert roofers have good references. If the company has been around for a while and has satisfied customers in your community, they’re a safe investment. New companies and companies that can’t provide references might not deliver good work.
- Roofing contractors take care of your home. They don’t damage your bushes or leave nails in your driveway. They are bonded and insured in case someone gets hurt or property damage occurs while they’re working on your property.
- Quality roofers provide a leak-proof job that lasts. If valley eaves and flashing need to be replaced, they’ll tell you. They’ll replace plywood decking that’s rotted and look out for pipe boots or roof jacks that aren’t in good shape.
Mr. Roof’s Kalamazoo roof contractors fix roof leaks. We offer a lifetime transferable warranty and stand behind our premium products and labor 100 percent. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation roof inspection and estimate.